Hello fellow budget hunters,
I was recently in the coastal port of Agulias and I found it a beautiful place to visit.
So much so, that I decided to write a list of things to do in Agulias, an old Roman seaport with a brilliant history. Agulias is about an hour from Cartagena and 2 hours from Almeria. The Romans settled in Cartagena and used Agulias as a sea port.
You can still see where they went, due to the exceptionally long straight road from one to the other!
I have made a list of 6 things to do in Agulias, I think it is a lovely Spanish town and here’s what you can get up to!
1. Go to the beach – there is two great bays in Agulias, where you can swim, snorkel and enjoy yourself. One bay has a stunning beach, which is protected from strong waves and adorned with lovely Spanish bars. The other has a small beach and a marina, this is closer to the town centre and main square.
2. Visit the castle – Between the two bays on the hill is perched the little castle. This castle was built in 16th century to protect from pirates.
3. Eat lots of food – I love Spanish food, especially from andalusia and Murcia. I’m going to write a full blog post on Spanish food, but tapas are one of my favourite foods.
4. Street art – there is so much street art in this city. I saw the steps painted with an octopus on, and walls covered in sea creatures. My favourite part was the tiles that have a painted map on them.
5. Go to the aquarium – there is a lovely museum called CIMAR, about the oceans. Part of it is from a rescued ship and the aquarium section is small, but very informative. It is definitely worth a visit especially as it is FREE!
6. Explore the history – The castle isn’t the only part of history. There’s an interesting steam train that was built in the 1860s in Glasgow. I found it so interesting understanding the statistics on this little train, but also how the city was built into a rock face. The main Square was very interesting, so was the church and there was so many hidden areas to explore in this town.
I hope that if you’re visiting Murcia or Cartagena, you travel along the coast until you reach Agulias and explore.
It is beautiful, full of good food and I would love to return to explore again.
Until next time,
The Great Ambini
X x x
I also wrote these posts on Spain :-
If you loved this post please pin it!!