Hello fellow budget hunters (and travel addicts)
The Sunshine Blogger Award 2018
This is so exciting as I got nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award 2018 by the lovely Travel Lit! Linda and Kris, are a couple who ditched their 9 to 5 jobs and now live as digital nomads, travelling the world while working online!
Well, that’s VERY unexpected! I didn’t even know such award existed, not even thinking of receiving it. That definitely brought some sunshine to my already sunny day!
So I did a little bit of research in The Sunshine Blogger Awards and this award is awarded by bloggers to new bloggers to recognize their achievements and offer support. I love being such a great part of this supportive travel community!
What are the rules of The Sunshine Blogger Award?
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
So my questions from Travel Lit are :-
- How long ago did you realize your passion is travelling and how?
I think in 2014, when I went to Nepal on my 17th birthday was the first time I realised how much I loved travel. I realised that the world was so much bigger than my small hometown, so I got this passion filling my chest to just explore everywhere!!
- If you could have only one thing while travelling, only one, what would it be? I would have my DSLR – I would have to document everywhere I went through photos! I love my camera and I always look back through loads of pictures!
- Do you prefer warm climates and beaches or cold climates and mountains? I would always say warm climates and beaches! I always feel relaxed by the sea, but I love the scenery in mountains!
- What is one thing that scares you about travelling? What makes you at unease sometimes? I feel most uneasy when I convince myself we’re going to miss our flight (I get very anxious about it!) I also worry sometimes when we find ourselves down back streets in the dark – somehow this always happens while following maps with my boyfriend! I then get wary of people coming too close, but I’ve never felt unsafe!
- Where do you get your travel inspiration from? Instagram, blogs, Pinterest? How do you find them? I often find my inspiration from the list of cheap obscure places I can find on skyscanner, then I started browsing blogs and things to do once I’ve booked it!
- Do you ever get homesick? When does the feeling usually hit? Very very occasionally and normally after I have rung my Mum. I think Tanzania was my only real feeling of homesickness and my birthday this year as I had horrible wisdom tooth pain and was sulking!
- What is the single best thing about travelling? ONLY ONE! Exploring a new place and find all the hidden parts about that place! I just love exploring!!
- Are you a natural person or a city dweller? Do you enjoy architecture and cafes or lush greenery? I grew up in the countryside, so its weird that I love cities and exploring. The greenery makes me feel at home, but I am happiest surrounded by cool buildings!
- What is the most ridiculous and funny thing that has happened to you on the road? There’s been so many!! I have dislocated my shoulder in my sleep – I wrote a whole post about how we could not understand Italian and how that caused us soooooo many problems, but a lot of funny stories!!
- Which country would you say have the happiest, kindest, most welcoming people? Romania was the most lovely place, with the nicest people!!
- On the spot, right now. What would be your ideal travel route for 12 months on a low budget? I would go around South East Asia – mainly because I want to see it and explore, but also it is much more reasonable than Europe to live in!!
So that’s my 11 questions and now I have to ask my nominees some questions!!
- What’s your favourite country been and why?
- Who inspires you in the Travel community?
- Have you got any blogging tips?
- Where is your favourite place to keep coming back to?
- What’s your favourite food you’ve eaten abroad?
- What would you take to a desert island?
- When did you fall in love with travel?
- Which is the best airline you’ve flown with?
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
- What’s your next trip?
- What’s the funniest story from one of your trips?
So that is all my questions!! I am now going to share all my nominations :-
@Laagsparkles – she writes some great posts about free diving!
@Came to wander – Thomas and Iris are travel addicts who started their online travel diary in 2017.
@sassysavvyadventurer – Is an amazing woman who has overcome her divorce by travelling and is so admirable!
@thehoosierhistorian – These guys post such cool pictures of beaches and the sea!
@wanderlustshraddha – I loved their Kerala post – check them out!
@iamdanelson – Dan is a great blogger, who writes great posts about romantic trips or great adventures!
@bernify – Bianca’s initials spell out Bern, hence her name and is a great lifestyle and travel blogger!
@Alexgillett – Alex is an Australian photographer and blogger
@samarpita – Samarpita is a freelance writer and blogger, she has so many insightful posts!
@alongcameanelephant – Marlo and Kristoff quit their jobs to travel around the world!
@imbaztan – Baz is a travel blogger, who has so many posts on South East Asia!
Those are all my nominees and I want to thank you all for your endless support!!
Until next time,
The Great Ambini
X X X
If you are nominated – please pin it here